Get Rid of Unwanted Hair with Laser Hair Removal
So what is laser hair removal?Laser hair removal is the process of using a laser or a light-based device to target hair follicles at the root and stop them from producing hair. In a very action-movie way, the laser locates hair follicles, then hits them with a burst of light that heats them up and causes them to die. Once the follicle is dead, it is less able to produce any more unwanted hair over the long-term. The hair that’s left in the follicle falls out, and the result is skin as smooth as a baby’s bottom. It’s not permanent, but it is a very long-term solution. Some patients go year without needing a touch up.
Who is laser hair removal for?Laser hair removal is for anyone who hates spending time shaving, waxing, or plucking. Basically, if you’re tired of having hair in places you don’t want it, laser hair removal is for you! Laser hair removal works best on hair that has some pigment to it. This is because the laser can better discern between hair and skin by hitting the spot with the highest pigmentation (usually the hair follicle).
Where can I get lasered?The most common areas for women to get laser hair removal are the underarms, lower legs, and the bikini region. Laser hair removal is perfect for women who experience razor burn and ingrown hairs. Here at DermacareHR we offer laser hair removal treatments on:
- Bikini line (bikini line, full bikini, brazilian bikini)
- Upper lip
- Lower legs
- Upper legs
- Upper back
What if I have darker skin?With the right laser, laser hair removal can work on all skin tones. So whether your skin is dark or light, we have a laser that will work for you. It used to be that lasers worked only on light skin with dark hair—the contrast making it easy for the laser to find and treat the unwanted hair. But with advances in technology, we can treat all skin types. At Dermacare, we’re committed to serving every member of our community. Therefore, we not only strive to invest in the latest technologies, but also in technologies that allow us to provide safe and effective treatments for all guests who walk through our door. We offer three different laser hair removal methods that cover all skin pigmentations.
- BBL (Broadband Light) – Though not technically a laser, this device works best on lighter skin tones.
- 1064nm YAG – This laser works best on darker skin tones, easily identifying and eliminating the unwanted hair.
- MotusAX – This is our newest laser, and it specializes in all skin types—from the darkest of skin to lightest.
When is the best time to get laser hair removal?The best time to get laser hair removal is whenever you want! The only things to consider when planning your appointment are:
- You should have no recent sun exposure to the treatment area.
- The unwanted hair must have some pigment to it. (At this time, there are no lasers that can detect very fine blond hair or white hair.)
- If you wax, pluck, or use a chemical depilatory (like Nair), you have to wait for at least 3 weeks after to get laser hair removal.