Why Do I Have Dark Circles and Bags Under My Eyes?
Has anyone ever told you they’re carrying a lot of luggage? Chances are they aren’t referring to suitcases and duffle bags but worry and stress. In today’s fast-paced daily grind, the average American is faced with more stressors than ever before, and one of the unwanted results is the formation of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
Interestingly, stress isn’t the only thing that can cause those unwanted dark circles and bags. The so-called culprit could be one of, or a combination of, the following:
- Age and Heredity: While these contributors to the appearance of dark circles and bags can’t always be avoided, they can be helped. The skin beneath the eyes is some of the most delicate and easily damaged. Dermacare’s Exilis Ultra™ or BBL SkinTyte tightening treatment can help turn back the clock on age and heredity.
- Water Retention: It can wreak havoc with everything from the number on the scale to your facial appearance. Reducing your salt intake can help, but the body’s natural retention of water can contribute to “raccoon eyes.”
- Seasonal Allergies: If dark circles and bags tend to form under your eyes during certain seasons along with nasal congestion, you may be suffering from seasonal allergies.
- Sleeping with Your Face Down: You might have woken up with a stiff neck, but did you know that sleeping with your face down can be a major culprit behind those dark circles and bags?
- Smoking: You probably know the dangers that smoking presents to your lungs, but did you know it isn’t any better for your skin? The ingredients in cigarettes cause your skin to dehydrate making it flaky and prone to premature aging. It also contributes to the appearance of dark spots under the eyes.
- Drugs and Alcohol: It’s a no-brainer that drugs and alcohol can damage your body. Long-term prescription drugs can take a visible toll, and alcohol can cause dehydration making your skin dry out and flake just like smoking.
A Solution for Dark Circles and Bags Under the Eyes
While lifestyle changes addressing the above can help, some of them are unavoidable. There is help that doesn’t involve spending hundreds of dollars on makeup and concealers. Dermacare specializes in light chemical peels and deep cleansing facials that incorporate lymphatic massage, which supports lymphatic drainage and can significantly reduce the appearance of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
We also recommend medical grade pharmaceutical products that help decrease puffiness and dermal fillers that can help reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes. A great way to start banishing those dark circles and bags is by using a combination of aesthetic treatments and “take home” products that are affordable and effective!
If a more immediate result is desired to reduce dark circles under the eyes, a series of BBL (broad band light) treatments can be used to help correct the red and purple choromas and hyperpigmentation below the eyes.
While our skincare treatments can help reduce dark circles and bags under your eyes, we strongly promote overall health & wellness. Healthy levels of stress and good sleep habits will enhance the effectiveness of our aesthetic treatments so that you see long-lasting and significant results. In addition, the treatment of chronic nasal congestion is imperative to effective treatments for under eye circles.