Initial consultations are always free of charge, and our Dermacare Difference Program allows you to save on our services and products
Has anyone ever told you they’re carrying a lot of luggage? Chances are they aren’t referring to suitcases and duffle bags but worry and stress. In today’s fast-paced daily grind, the average American is faced with more stressors than ever before, and one of the unwanted results is the formation of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
Interestingly, stress isn’t the only thing that can cause those unwanted dark circles and bags. The so-called culprit could be one of, or a combination of, the following:
- Age and Heredity: While these contributors to the appearance of dark circles and bags can’t always be avoided, they can be helped. The skin beneath the eyes is some of the most delicate and easily damaged. Dermacare of Hampton Roads’s Exilis Ultra™ or BBL SkinTyte tightening treatment can help turn back the clock on age and heredity.
- Water Retention: It can wreak havoc with everything from the number on the scale to your facial appearance. Reducing your salt intake can help, but the body’s natural retention of water can contribute to “raccoon eyes.”
- Seasonal Allergies: If dark circles and bags tend to form under your eyes during certain seasons along with nasal congestion, you may be suffering from seasonal allergies.
- Sleeping with Your Face Down: You might have woken up with a stiff neck, but did you know that sleeping with your face down can be a major culprit behind those dark circles and bags?
- Smoking: You probably know the dangers that smoking presents to your lungs, but did you know it isn’t any better for your skin? The ingredients in cigarettes cause your skin to dehydrate making it flaky and prone to premature aging. It also contributes to the appearance of dark spots under the eyes.
- Drugs and Alcohol: It’s a no-brainer that drugs and alcohol can damage your body. Long-term prescription drugs can take a visible toll, and alcohol can cause dehydration making your skin dry out and flake just like smoking.
A Solution for Dark Circles and Bags Under the Eyes
While lifestyle changes addressing the above can help, some of them are unavoidable. There is help that doesn’t involve spending hundreds of dollars on makeup and concealers. Dermacare of Hampton Roads specializes in light chemical peels and deep cleansing facials that incorporate lymphatic massage, which supports lymphatic drainage and can significantly reduce the appearance of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
We also recommend medical grade pharmaceutical products that help decrease puffiness and dermal fillers that can help reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes. A great way to start banishing those dark circles and bags is by using a combination of aesthetic treatments and “take home” products that are affordable and effective!
If a more immediate result is desired to reduce dark circles under the eyes, a series of BBL (broad band light) treatments can be used to help correct the red and purple choromas and hyperpigmentation below the eyes.
While our skincare treatments can help reduce dark circles and bags under your eyes, we strongly promote overall health & wellness. Healthy levels of stress and good sleep habits will enhance the effectiveness of our aesthetic treatments so that you see long-lasting and significant results. In addition, the treatment of chronic nasal congestion is imperative to effective treatments for under eye circles.
From skin restoration to stubborn fat removal, we’ve helped thousands of men and women feel more beautiful and confident.
I love going to Dermacare! I live an hour from the office but I make time to go. I used to have no idea what was best for my skin care. It was pretty intimidating with how many options and ads I wo…
I only went by to get products that I usually have to get online. But when I got there, they had the aesthetician speak with me and give me samples of what she recommended and to compare that to se…
Love my time at Dermacare. I’ve been a client for 5+ years. Go once a month and always get great treatments from Tina. The staff is very professional and always greet me with warmth and enthusiasm….
The staff at Dermacare is amazing! Thank you ladies for being so friendly and professional. Your skills are amazing! You keep me looking good.
Very clean, very professional, and super friendly. Not pretentious at all. I just think some aesthetics practices can come off cold or arrogant, but not these folks. The staff is very knowledgeable…
I absolutely love Dermacare of Hampton Roads. The staff is always friendly and they are all very knowledgeable. I never feel as though I’m trying to be “sold” something I don’t need or want. The environment is…
After being a client for more than 8 years, I have nothing but accolades for Dermacare of Hampton Roads.. What initially drew me to Dermacare was the fact that it was medically supervised by a doctor, extremel…
If you’re looking for the right medspa for you, don’t look any further. My experience with Dermacare has been nothing short of exceptional. From the very first day of my consultation, the customer …
I had a great experience with Lauren with microneedling with the Vivace machine today. It was a great experience and my first time with the machine. She was very professional and full of knowledge …
I came across this place on Instagram. I decided to schedule a consultation with them which was done over video chat and was very convenient. The consultation was also free. I met with a nurse who …
Dermacare Membership Plans
With cellular turnover approximately every 28 days, a Dermacare Membership is the best way to keep your skin vibrant and healthy.
Our members enjoy monthly aesthetic services and laser treatments, in addition to discounts on injectables, packages, and our medical-grade skincare products.