Why Do I Have Dark Circles and Bags Under My Eyes?
- Age and Heredity: While these contributors to the appearance of dark circles and bags can’t always be avoided, they can be helped. The skin beneath the eyes is some of the most delicate and easily damaged. Dermacare’s Exilis Ultra™ or BBL SkinTyte tightening treatment can help turn back the clock on age and heredity.
- Water Retention: It can wreak havoc with everything from the number on the scale to your facial appearance. Reducing your salt intake can help, but the body’s natural retention of water can contribute to “raccoon eyes.”
- Seasonal Allergies: If dark circles and bags tend to form under your eyes during certain seasons along with nasal congestion, you may be suffering from seasonal allergies.
- Sleeping with Your Face Down: You might have woken up with a stiff neck, but did you know that sleeping with your face down can be a major culprit behind those dark circles and bags?
- Smoking: You probably know the dangers that smoking presents to your lungs, but did you know it isn’t any better for your skin? The ingredients in cigarettes cause your skin to dehydrate making it flaky and prone to premature aging. It also contributes to the appearance of dark spots under the eyes.
- Drugs and Alcohol: It’s a no-brainer that drugs and alcohol can damage your body. Long-term prescription drugs can take a visible toll, and alcohol can cause dehydration making your skin dry out and flake just like smoking.