Summer is the official season to show off your bare skin. We’re not just talking about slipping out of your workwear and into a bathing suit… but setting aside your makeup bag to reveal your natural complexion. While your skin may have started blemish-free before summer, it’s common to see acne appear. The change in weather and introduction to summer’s infamous elements like the ocean and pool, excess sweat and oil, and sunscreen can wreak havoc on anyone’s skin.
But don’t worry. We’re here to help you deal with summer acne breakouts with our favorite at-home solutions and in-office treatments!
At-Home Acne Solutions
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions, affecting an estimated 85 percent of young adults. It can manifest itself in different ways – whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, pustules, nodules, etc. When treating your acne at home, it’s important to identify the type of acne you have to find the most effective solutions.
Because there are endless at-home acne solutions to choose from, we’re sharing a few of our favorites:
- Dermacare’s Clarifying Cleanser. Best for those with blackheads and whiteheads, this salicylic-based cleanser will help unclog your pores (caused by sunscreen, sweat, etc..) by breaking down dead skin cells and excess oils.
- AlumierMD’s Bright & Clear Solution. Four words: lactic acid and caviar lime. This award-winning skin conditioning solution is great for those who want to treat acne and other skin issues like fine lines and dull skin.
- Dermacare’s Acne Control Serum. If you want to avoid any solutions that can dry out your skin, this spot treatment will become your bestie during summer and beyond. Containing 5% BPO, this is an excellent option for those suffering from severe acne.
Want more at-home options? Check out our Stop Summer Breakouts – Summer Acne Series, where we share more of our go-to cleansers, topical treatments, and moisturizers you can use at home.
In-Office Acne Treatments
Everyone’s acne-fighting journey is different, and sometimes it can be hard to figure out what will work on your unique skin. Whether you’re unsure where to start treating your acne, you’ve tried and didn’t get the results you were looking for, or you want to combine your at-home efforts with in-office treatments, our team of experts at DermacareHR are here to help!
As mentioned earlier, understanding your unique skin type and the type of acne you have is CRITICAL to achieving the results you’re looking for! Before we even begin to discuss products and treatments, our Dermacare Experts will conduct a comprehensive skin evaluation. We want to get to know you, your skin, your skincare routine, and any concerns or issues you’re having so we can provide a plan tailored specifically for you.
Once we understand what’s going on with your skin – on top of and under the surface – we can recommend medical-grade products (you can’t get over the counter) and in-office treatments to help supercharge your results. For example, here are a few of the in-office treatments we use specifically to target acne:
- Deep Cleansing Facial – This facial uses medical-grade products you can’t find at a regular spa. During this treatment, we’ll cleanse your skin, perform any necessary extractions, and apply a customized combination of serums and products for your skin.
- BLU-U Light Treatment – Requiring ZERO downtime, Acne BLU-U Light Treatment is a go-to treatment we may recommend to target mild-to-moderate acne and restore your skin’s youthful glow. We use this treatment in combination with other treatments for best results.
- Forever Clear BBL – If you suffer from stubborn inflammatory and cystic acne, you’ll likely see the Forever Clear BBL on your treatment plan. Typically performed in a series of six treatments spaced two weeks apart, this treatment is non-invasive and can be combined with a home skincare routine.
We’re Here to Help
This list of acne-fighting treatments and products is by no means comprehensive (we have too many to list). If you’re overwhelmed by all the available acne solutions or are tired of trying to treat your stubborn acne alone, our team is here for you. With decades of experience, we can tailor a plan that will help you say goodbye to unwanted blemishes and hello to radiant skin you’ll love.
From skin restoration to stubborn fat removal, we’ve helped thousands of men and women feel more beautiful and confident.
I love going to Dermacare! I live an hour from the office but I make time to go. I used to have no idea what was best for my skin care. It was pretty intimidating with how many options and ads I wo…
I only went by to get products that I usually have to get online. But when I got there, they had the aesthetician speak with me and give me samples of what she recommended and to compare that to se…
Love my time at Dermacare. I’ve been a client for 5+ years. Go once a month and always get great treatments from Tina. The staff is very professional and always greet me with warmth and enthusiasm….
The staff at Dermacare is amazing! Thank you ladies for being so friendly and professional. Your skills are amazing! You keep me looking good.
Very clean, very professional, and super friendly. Not pretentious at all. I just think some aesthetics practices can come off cold or arrogant, but not these folks. The staff is very knowledgeable…
I absolutely love Dermacare of Hampton Roads. The staff is always friendly and they are all very knowledgeable. I never feel as though I’m trying to be “sold” something I don’t need or want. The environment is…
After being a client for more than 8 years, I have nothing but accolades for Dermacare of Hampton Roads.. What initially drew me to Dermacare was the fact that it was medically supervised by a doctor, extremel…
If you’re looking for the right medspa for you, don’t look any further. My experience with Dermacare has been nothing short of exceptional. From the very first day of my consultation, the customer …
I had a great experience with Lauren with microneedling with the Vivace machine today. It was a great experience and my first time with the machine. She was very professional and full of knowledge …
I came across this place on Instagram. I decided to schedule a consultation with them which was done over video chat and was very convenient. The consultation was also free. I met with a nurse who …
Dermacare Membership Plans
With cellular turnover approximately every 28 days, a Dermacare Membership is the best way to keep your skin vibrant and healthy.
Our members enjoy monthly aesthetic services and laser treatments, in addition to discounts on injectables, packages, and our medical-grade skincare products.