Covid-19 Procedures and Policies
DERMACARE’S PLAN TO RESPONSIBLY SERVE & PROTECT OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF DURING THE METHODICAL RE-OPENING OF THE CLINIC AMIDST THE COVID-19 CRISIS:
The health and welfare of our patients and our staff is the #1 priority of Dermacare. In consideration of recommendations by the CDC, federal and local governments, and multiple physicians, we will be implementing best practices to ensure we are making every effort to provide a safe environment for our patients and our staff as we re-open for business. What follows is a detailed plan that we will adhere to for the foreseeable future.
Patient and Staff Health
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF WILL BE OUR #1 PRIORITY
- We will encourage our patients and our staff to continue to practice social distancing.
- We will be sanitizing the front waiting area, including counters and tables, multiple times every day.
- Dermacare will be inserting 15 min. time blocks between treatments to allow more time to thoroughly sanitize each treatment room after use.
- We will be sanitizing all door handles multiple times every day.
- We will be sanitizing counters and shared computer keyboards multiple times every day.
- We will be sanitizing the bathrooms multiple times every day.
- We will be checking the temperature and SPO2 of all patients and staff. Anyone who reports a cough, breathing discomfort, or is found to have a temperature of over 99.6 degrees or a PulseOx of less than 95% will be asked to go home (staff) or reschedule (patients), and to contact his/her physician immediately.
- All patients are required to arrive with a face mask and to wear it when possible. If anyone doesn’t have a mask, we will provide one for them for a minor charge.
- The front desk will not handle any credit cards. The client will insert the card themselves. We will encourage our patients to register their credit card on file with us so on future visits, no physical transaction will be necessary.
- Our staff will be reminded to avoid touching their faces as much as is possible.
Hand Washing and Hand Sanitizer
- We have hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the clinic. We will encourage our patients and our staff to sanitize their hands prior to entering the clinic and treatment rooms.
- Our providers will wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer, before and after each treatment.
- We will post signage throughout the office reminding patients and staff of our health practices.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All Dermacare providers will wear appropriate medical face masks. All Dermacare support staff will be provided with the appropriate face masks.
- Gloves are to be worn by all providers during all treatments.